Does this sound familiar?
- "I get up in the morning and I start coughing."
- "There are odd-shaped moles and red sores on my neck, face or hands."
- "I can't hear as well as I used to; there is a constant ringing in my ears."
- "My back, neck, shoulders, and knees always ache."
- "I keep forgetting things and I can't concentrate."
The Farmer's Clinic is staffed by health professionals who can assist you and your doctor with farm-related health problems. Exams are accompanied by education and preventative efforts provided by a physician and an occupational health nurse practitioner/physician's assistant. If needed, on-farm visits to assess work-related health and safety issues are scheduled at no cost to the farmers.
Most health insurance plans are accepted for these services.
The Farmer's Clinic is located at Bassett Healthcare in Cooperstown, New York. For an appointment, please call 800.343.7527 or 607.547.6023. The Farmer's Clinic is one of six similar New York State Occupational Health Clinics created in 1987 by the New York State Legislature and coordinated by the New York State Department of Health.